Pest Control for Local Authorities
Pest Control for Local Government Authorities, Central Government, NHS & Emergency Services
Monitor Pest Control provides an effective, great value and environmentally friendly pest control service to local authorities across London and the South East. With a large number of public and domestic buildings to care for, our comprehensive pest control treatment and management services ensure local authorities can be assured of the value and quality of service to residents. We can help with the following:
- We can be contracted to operate a reactive service for residents. This can include dealing with a wide range of public health pests including rodents, flies, bedbugs, fleas, cockroaches and wasp nests such as rodents, flies and wasp nests.
- We can advise councils on recurring pest issues within their council housing properties and communal areas, and work closely with estate managers, building services and environmental health teams to ensure appropriate ongoing preventative measures are in place.
- We can also provide training for housing officers, estate managers and environmental health staff so they are better able to spot potential pest issues before they arise. This then allows us to deal with issues in a preventative manner, rather than having to deal with an infestation, which is likely to be far more costly and disruptive.
- We can look after your council offices, including ongoing preventative measures in staff restaurants and restaurants, welfare and service areas, and dealing with one-off pest issues as and when they arise.
- We can look after other public buildings under local government control, which may include services such as preventative bird control measures to reduce bird mess and nuisance or protecting the valuable contents of libraries and museums from rodents, moths, mites and other pests.
- Hiring a professional pest control company such as Monitor can minimise risk to public health and safety, reduce damage to the fabric of buildings, prevent electrical faults and flooding, reduce costs, avoid loss of revenue and reduce distress to council employees, residents and the general public.
Monitor Pest Control are members of the BPCA (British Pest Control Association) and CEPA, and our safe, reliable and effective pest control service gives local authorities the peace of mind that the matter is in hand, releasing them to focus on other core activities that will benefit their communities.
Our Local Authority and Public Sector pest control contracts experience includes:
“Monitor Pest Control were contracted to Shepway District Council to provide pest control services to domestic properties throughout the district and to treat infestations on council land and property when required.
Over the 3 years they have met their contracted service standards at all times and are always professional and proactive in their approach to service provision. Their staff have always been reliable and courteous when dealing with the public on behalf of the council.”
Principal Environmental Health Officer