Pest Control for Housing Associations
Pest Control for Housing Associations & Social Housing
Social housing is particularly vulnerable to pest infestation due to high resident occupancy levels and turnover, and it is because of this that we work extensively with housing officers and environmental health departments to stop pest problems before they get out of control. Our pest control services help to eradicate and prevent infestation from pests such as rodents, pigeons, cockroaches, bed bugs and other pests or vermin, while we also specialise in implementing preventative measures to protect against further infestation, proactively dealing with potential issues before they occur.
As part of the contract between the housing association and tenant, the housing association is typically responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the property, including pest control and prevention measures. As such it is vital for housing associations to have an ongoing contract with a reputable pest control company, such as Monitor, who can be called out to deal with adhoc issues whilst still also maintaining a scheduled programme of site visits. Having adequate pest control measures in place can prevent unwanted issues arising with the local council and environmental health.
With a wide range of services and technical skills, our experienced and qualified pest control technicians have earned a reputation for delivering outstanding customer service coupled with a flexible approach to all pest control issues. Our pest control technicians have unrivalled experience and practical expertise working in:
- Single dwellings
- Housing block treatments
- Persistent control programme
- Preventative proofing works
- Elderly and special care
We can help your housing association with the following:
- We can be contracted to operate a reactive service for residents on behalf of your housing association. This can include eradicating any pests, including rodents, flies, birds and wasp nests, plus the implementation of preventative measures.
- We can advise housing associations on recurring pest issues within their properties and communal areas, and work closely with estate managers, maintenance teams and environmental health officers to ensure adequate preventative measures are put in place.
- We also offer training to housing officers to enable them to identify potential issues before they escalate. This allows us to then deal with issues in a preventative manner, rather than being faced with infestation, which is likely to be far more costly for the housing association and disruptive to the tenant.
- Hiring a professional pest control company such as Monitor will ensure that both your tenants and properties remain safe from pests and that your housing association continues to maintain the standards required by local authorities and housing legislation.
Our team of pest control technicians and operatives can also advise on best working practices and procedures to reduce the risk of pest infestations in the future. They will survey the site and identify the problem before recommending an environmentally responsible method to deal with the issue quickly and effectively to protect the health and safety of both your residents and your property.
Our Social Housing pest control contracts experience includes:
For more information about our pest control services for housing associations, please download our Pest Control Brochure below and see our Pest Calendar to find out which common pests you should be protecting your properties from throughout the year. Alternatively, please call us today on 01474 358855, or complete our contact form.