Pest Control for Retail Shops
Our retail pest control services for shops and shopping centres
In the retail sector, first impressions really matter, so it is essential that your shop or shopping centre remains pest-free. Retail businesses are at high risk of pest activity as they are open to the public and receive regular deliveries from a variety of different suppliers and sources, meaning that robust pest prevention measures are of paramount importance.
A pest infestation can prove to be devastating to a shop, not only because of damage to or contamination of stock, but also resulting from the negative impact that this kind of coverage could wreak on the store’s reputation. All retailers are legally obliged to ensure the health and safety of both staff and customers, and preventing infestation from rodents, insects or other pests is an important element of this. Retailers of all sizes need to have procedures in place that ensure pest problems are handled quickly, discreetly and effectively, and should maintain a proactive, preventative pest prevention programme which warrants against recurrence.
Monitor’s pest control and pest prevention services will protect your shop, store or retail outlet with comprehensive, effective and discreet pest control solutions which will treat infestation and put effective measures in place to prevent recurrence.
<< CONTACT MONITOR TODAY >>
While there are many different pests which may infest shops, stores and retail outlets, the most common pests include:
- Rodents - Rats and mice typically represent the biggest pest problem to the retail sector. Attracted to food, warmth and potential nesting materials, they will chew through fabric, wood and cardboard, contaminating surfaces and stock with their waste in the process. What’s more, by gnawing through wiring they can significantly increase your fire risk.
- Moths - Clothing retailers can suffer major stock and financial losses as the result of moth infestation. Clothes moths like to eat natural fibres such as wool, cotton, and linen, but they will also chew through blended fabrics if they contain natural fibres.
- Birds – Birds are also a serious concern for shops and stores. Pigeons and seagulls can leave unsightly and unhygienic droppings on your shopfront, which can be off-putting to customers, and leave the impression that your store is unclean. Guano can also represent a slip hazard, and the accumulation of guano or nesting materials can block roof draining systems, leading to water penetrating the building.
- General Insects - Insect pests such as flies, fleas, ants, cockroaches, beetles, moths, silverfish and wood-boring insects all have the potential to wreak havoc in a retail setting, especially for food retailers.
- Stored Product Insects - These insects (including flour weevils and biscuit beetles) can prove very costly for food retailers, as large quantities of stock can be ruined if an infestation isn’t dealt with quickly and efficiently.
- Bees and Wasps – Bees and wasps can cause big problems for food and drink retailers in the summer and cause a lot of distress to both customers and employees.
Experienced at providing retail pest control, Monitor will identify the underlying causes of your pest problems and implement preventative pest proofing measures to stop issues from arising again in the future.
Monitor maintains comprehensive public liability insurance, and is a member of the BPCA (British Pest Control Association), CEPA (Confederation of European Pest Management Association) and the NPTA (National Pest Technicians Association).
For more information on our professional pest control solutions, please download our Pest Control Brochure and see our Pest Calendar to find out which common pests you should be protecting your business from throughout the year. Alternatively, please call us today on 01474 358855, or complete our contact form.
Our retail pest control contracts experience includes: