Pest Control for Hotels
Pest Control for Hotels, B&Bs, Guest Houses and Hospitality Businesses
Our comprehensive pest control and prevention services will prevent rodents, cockroaches, bed bugs, birds and other vermin infestations throughout your hotel or hospitality business. At Monitor, we aim to prevent pest problems before they occur and deal with any issues that do arise, quickly and efficiently to ensure the smooth running of the hotel is not affected.
Buildings of multiple occupancy with a high turnover of guests such as hotels, B&Bs or guest houses, are particularly vulnerable to pest infestation for a number of reasons:
- Food storage and food preparation areas are very attractive to rodents, ants, wasps and stored product insects. An infestation in one of these areas could cause major food hygiene issues and see the hotel in breach of health and safety legislation.
- Guests are likely to consume food and drink in their rooms as well as in designated areas such as the bar or restaurant, which can attract food loving pests to other parts of the building as well.
- Hotels generate large quantities of food and general waste, which can attract pests to outside areas if an adequate pest control solution isn't in place.
- If a guest has bed bugs or cockroaches in their own home, there is a very good chance that they will hitch a lift to the hotel and make themselves at home during their stay!
- As cleaners go from room to room each day, the risk of an infestation of pests such as bed bugs spreading through cross contamination is high.
- Hotels and B&Bs that allow dogs and pets to stay are also at risk of suffering a flea infestation, which can spread and get out of hand very quickly in a carpeted building such as a hotel.
- Outside areas and roofs of hotels are often blighted by birds causing an unsightly and unhygienic mess. This can be a particularly big nuisance for seafront buildings where large gulls can wreak havoc.
- Hiring a professional pest control company such as Monitor, to provide integrated pest management and pest control services, is the best way to ensure that your hotel remains pest free and that your guests and staff remain safe and happy.
Our team of highly experienced pest control technicians and operatives have a reputation for delivering outstanding customer service and a flexible approach for all pest control issues. They will survey the building and identify any problems before recommending an environmentally sensitive solution to deal with any existing issues. We will also advise on appropriate preventative measures to prevent future recurrence, and can educate staff members on things to look out for such as signs of pest activity and bed bugs, to minimise risk.