Pest Control for Factories
Pest Control for Factories and Manufacturing Plants
Factories and manufacturing plants are at high risk of a host of different pest activities. The production and storage of goods, especially if they are food or drink related, can become a prime target for infestations and contamination.
A serious pest infestation in your factory or production facility can cost your organisation thousands or even millions of pounds through loss of stock, building repairs, interruption to business operations, or product recalls, and could seriously damage your reputation and cause disruption to supply chains. Having an insufficient manufacturing pest control programme in place may also prevent you from gaining or retaining important accreditations such as ISO 9001, BRC or SALSA.
One of the reasons that factories are at high risk of suffering from pest issues is that they frequently house a variety of different materials from multiple different sources, suppliers and even countries. As a result, the potential for pests to enter the production facility and thrive is high.
Factories and manufacturing plants that process food are at especially high risk of pest infestation. Food is particularly attractive to flies, insects, rodents, and stored product insects. What’s more, most food processing businesses are BRC or SALSA accredited, both of which require good warehouse pest control procedures to be in place. Find out more about our specific pest control services for food processing facilities here:
Monitor’s pest control and pest prevention services will protect your factory or manufacturing plant with comprehensive and effective pest control solutions, treating infestations and putting effective measures in place to prevent recurrence.
There are several categories of pests that can infest a factory, the most common are:
- Rodents – Rats and mice can be a major concern for factories, particularly within storage areas. Rats will gnaw through or eat goods of any material, including food, clothes, paper or furniture, causing irreparable damage to stock. Rodents can also cause damage to buildings, fixtures and fittings by gnawing through wires and wood.[GH1] Rodents are a common source of electrical damage leading to fires.
- General Insects - General insect pests such as flies, fleas, cockroaches, beetles, moths, silverfish, and wood-boring insects can all wreak havoc on a production facility, should an infestation take hold. Some insects can also infest paper products and packaging.
- Stored Product Insects - If your factory processes raw food stuffs such as flour and grains, stored product insects including flour weevils and biscuit beetles have the potential to ruin huge quantities of stock. Fast, efficient pest eradication is essential.
How can Monitor help?
- Full site pest surveys - Our team of highly experienced, professional pest controllers will complete a comprehensive site pest surveys to identify any existing and potential pest issues. They will then recommend the most appropriate solution to eradicate and avoid future infestation, ensuring peace of mind for you and compliance for your business.
- Comprehensive pest prevention and treatment programmes - Once a pest surveys has been completed, we will plan a comprehensive programme of treatments and preventative measures to keep your factory pest free.
- Scheduled inspections - Our pest control and prevention programme of work will be carried out by our pest control technicians, at times convenient to you and your business.
- Additional ad-hoc call-outs - We are always on hand to deal with any other ad-hoc pest issues that may arise, swiftly and efficiently.
Monitor Pest Control maintains comprehensive public liability insurance and is a member of the BPCA (British Pest Control Association) and CEPA (Confederation of European Pest Management Association).