Trainee Pest Control Technician
Full Time Trainee Pest Contronl Technician
Due to continued growth we are looking for a Trainee Pest Control Technician to join our successful team based in and around the London area.
We are particularly interested in candidates living in the SE and SW London postcode areas.
No experience is necessary as full training will be provided, and you will gain a recognized industry qualification.
Starting Salary: £18,000.00 per year increasing significantly upon successful qualification.
After training and qualifying as a pest control technician your job will be to get rid of pest infestations. You would identify, control and get rid of pests like rats or mice, and insects like wasps, ants or cockroaches. You may also deal with foxes, moles and birds etc.
You’ll need excellent communication and customer service skills.
Being physically fit will help you to work in areas where pests may be found like cramped spaces or at heights.
Area of work
- London area - mainly covering SE and SW London postcodes
- Other areas as and when required
You might treat infestations anywhere from people’s homes to restaurants, factories, or farms etc. Your work would include:
- investigating and identifying pests
- collecting dead animals and other samples for analysis or disposal
- finding out how the pests are getting in
- choosing the most suitable way of controlling the pest
- spraying chemicals to get rid of insects
- laying poison and traps or using weapons such as air-guns to control birds and animals
- proofing an area to stop pests returning
- advising people how to prevent further infestation
- completing reports and keeping records, using mobile apps, digital forms and taking photographs
- following the correct procedures for handling and storing pesticides and disposing of dead or captured animals
- advising on and selling additional services and products where appropriate
- attending and assisting with meetings and training sessions
Working hours and conditions
- 40-48 Hours as required including travelling time to 1st appointment, and/or from last appointment
- You may work longer hours in the summer months when there are more pests to deal with Weekend and Night Work may be required.
- Inclusion on an ‘out of hours’ duty rota may be required.
- Overtime may be required.
You would often work alone, driving to jobs in a van. For that reason, a valid driving licence will be essential.
You could work indoors or outside, depending on the type of pest you were dealing with. You may need to crawl into confined spaces or climb ladders. You would wear protective clothing such as overalls, gloves and face masks.
This work may not be suitable if you are prone to allergies or have certain skin conditions or are afraid of climbing ladders.
Training and development
You will receive induction, supervision and full training.
Your training may include courses and qualifications from the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH), British Pest Control Association (BPCA), and product suppliers.
One of the main qualifications you can work towards is the RSPH/BPCA Level 2 Award in Pest Management. This is an industry-recognised course.
You will engage in an ongoing training programme for continuing professional development (CPD) and will register with the BASIS Professional Register of Managers and Pest Technicians (PROMPT).
Skills, interests and qualities
As a pest control technician/trainee, you will need:
- Excellent spoken English communication, and customer service skills
- Good written English communication for completing basic reports etc
- Good ‘hands on’ practical skills for handling tools and equipment
- Be capable of operating basic digital devices e.g. mobile phones, tablets etc
- The ability to cope with unpleasant sights and smells
- Good health, Physical fitness and good eyesight
- Confidence with basic maths, for measuring and calculating doses of pesticides
- Awareness of health and safety and the environment
- Have a full, valid UK drivers licence
Pay and Benefits
- Starting Salary: £18,000.00 per year increasing upon successful qualification.
- Pension Plan
- Sales Commission opportunities
- Performance Bonus opportunities
- Overtime opportunities
- Fully Equipped company vehicle
- Company mobile device
- On-going training programme
How to apply
Please telephone Monitor Pest Control Ltd during office hours (9-5.30) on 01474 358855. Out of office hours please leave clear contact details on the answerphone or email your CV through to [email protected].
To download the job profile - See bottom of page
Monitor Pest Control Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Trainee (SE_SW)100kb